Visa and Consular Section
Avdelningen för visum och konsulära ärenden
Welcome to the Consular and Visa section page. Here you will find general information about the Japanese visa system. The need of a visa, as well as the application procedure, varies according to nationality and purpose of visit to Japan. We recommend you read the Important Notes about Visas before proceeding with your application. Answers to frequently asked questions, such as bringing necessary medication into Japan, can be found on our FAQ page, and miscellaneous information related to entry into Japan are listed on the page Visa Links.
Please be aware that all information given here is of a general nature. An applicant may be requested to submit additional documents. Contact the Consular and Visa Section directly to confirm the application procedure if you feel uncertain after having read the information found on the embassy´s web site. Observe that your passport and visa is to be collected in person at the embassy during the Visa and Consular Section's opening hours.
- Ändring av regler för införsel av husdjur som hund eller katt till Japan från Sverige, Irland och Storbritannien (januari 2012)
- Waiver of Visa Fees for Foreign Nationals Who Visit Three Prefectures in the Disaster-Afflicted Areas (November 7, 2011)
- Important Notes about Visas
- Visa Information for Swedish Passport Holders / Visuminformation för svenska medborgare
- Temporary Visitor Visas
- Visa for Work and Long Term Stay
- Certificate of Eligibility
- How to Apply for a Visa
- Visa and Consular Section Links: Useful links related to entering and living in Japan etc.
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Telephone and Opening Hours
|Visa Matters: Mon-Fri 9.30-12.00, 14.00-16.00|
|Consular Matters (for Japanese Citizens):|
Mon-Tue, Thu-Fri 9.30-12.00, 14.00-16.00
Wednesdays 9.30-12.00, 14.00-17.00
|Please note: Embassy Holidays|
|Address||Embassy of Japan|
115 27 Stockholm
|Telephone||08-579 353 00|
|Fax||08-661 88 20|